Anyone who has suffered from depression knows how debilitating it can be.
No matter how hard you try to think yourself out of it, you can't escape it and it just seems get worse.
It’s a lonely place to be.
People telling you it will pass, or to just snap out of it, can leave you feeling even more powerless, overwhelmed and trapped.
Help is at hand.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a clinically proven technique that is actively recommended by NICE, the government health body, as the form of treatment for depression.
CBT can help you manage your depression and take back control of your life by helping you:
- understand the root cause(s) of your depression
- identify the negative thoughts (conscious and sub-conscious) triggering your discomfort
- figure out if these thoughts are accurate or not (they often won’t be - you just can’t see it yet!)
- replace any unhelpful thoughts with more credible, evidence based, and constructive ones
- learn calming relaxation and mindfulness techniques
- develop effective coping strategies for times when you might experience symptoms of depression or low mood (we’re all human after all)
- understand the role your lifestyle (diet, exercise, sleep, stress etc.) can have on minimising and preventing depression
Appointments available in Central London, Wimbledon, Epsom, (Surrey) and Arundel (West Sussex).
Contact us now to find out more about how CBT can help you with your anxiety